Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 1: Jenison, Michigan to Iuka, Mississippi

9am to 9pm: On the road

Michigan to

to

to

to

to


My mom and I had originally planned to stop in Nashville, but decided to drive straight through to Iuka, since it was just a few more hours.

Hightlights:
  • We saw (or had run in front of us) 11 deer, 3 wild turkeys, and 2 dogs cross the road. It made for an eventful time of carefully watching the road.
  • We started listening to a book on tape called "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan, I'll write more once we've finished listening to it.
  • Also realized that photos are extremely difficult to take while riding down the road
So why stop in Iuka, MS you ask??
Well one of my grandma's best friends, Janie, lives in Iuka. Since we were passing through the state we decided to stop in and catch up with her. It was so great to hear of all the stories she had about her and my grandma as they grew up in Detroit.


Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment