Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back to Brownsville

I’ve been back in the valley for 8 months now; the time has been flying by. I had full intentions of starting this blog back up 8 months ago, but now is as good a time as any.

I’ve revamped the blog to include most aspects of my new Texas life. I live in an apartment but have a porch urban garden that I’m very proud of. I have grown tomatoes and lettuce all winter long and now I am expanding. I love cooking and trying new recipes and have often thought of starting up a Cooking with Laura show. Most of the time my recipes are a success, but I do test my smoke detector on rare occasions, just to make sure it works and all, of course. I am still trying to dance as much as possible, although it can be harder to find here. Salsa lessons and clubs are easier to find, but I’m going to have to be the one to bring ballroom dancing to the valley, because it does not seem to exist. Lastly, health of course is a big part of my own life as well as my job, so follow along with all of the fun, interesting, gross, and weird things that I come across.

Read along and enjoy my new Texas life on the border with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment